Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Royal College of Ophthalmologists and IGA research grant 2019
Closing date: Friday 1 February 2019
The International Glaucoma Association (IGA) is pleased to announce a renewed grants programme and is pleased to offer Research Awards up to the value of £100,000.
The IGA RCOphth funding stream is accredited by NIHR
1. This is a postgraduate research award to facilitate research into glaucoma.
2. Applicants may be trainees seeking support for a fellowship or senior researchers seeking a grant for a project.
3. Applications are invited from departments and individuals based in the UK or Eire but the research studies may be carried out elsewhere.
4. The IGA encourages patient orientated research and research directly concerned with the improvement of the management of glaucoma.
5. Multidisciplinary research teams are encouraged and should include a member/fellow of The Royal College of Ophthalmology but co-applicants (and project lead) may include hospital/community based optometrists and/or nurses undertaking glaucoma research in the UK and Eire.
6. The awards are normally awarded annually.
7. Grants must be taken up within nine months, unless the grantee makes an application, with explanation, to the Chair of the IGA Grants Committee for approval.
8. The successful applicant will be required to submit a preliminary report on work carried out at six months and after each six months thereafter for the duration of the award and return a full report at the termination of the Fellowship. The progress of each project will be monitored by a nominated advisor of the IGA, usually a member of the IGA Medical and Scientific Advisory Committee or an IGA trustee. Continued staged financial payments are dependent on receipt and satisfactory review of each of these reports with the last 10% of payment given on receipt of the final report.
Please note that the application process is administered by The Royal College of Ophthalmologists. The conditions of the grants will be an agreement between the IGA and the successful applicant.
Please email an electronic version of your completed application form and embedded CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to this, please post 6 hard copies of your application form with embedded CV to:
Education and Training Administrator
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
18 Stephenson Way
Please click here to download application form
CVs sent as separate documents will be accepted as an alternative to completing the relevant section on the application form.
(Your application will be disqualified unless we receive both electronic and hard copies of your application form and CV, either embedded or sent separately.)
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Friday 1 February 2019