Glaucoma Association Forum

Important notice

Our glaucoma forum provides a platform for people to connect with others living with glaucoma, share experiences and ask questions. We know that recently some individuals have been mistreating the forum and using it to share spam content. That’s why we have taken the decision to turn on moderation for all new forum posts. You may find it takes a little while for your post to appear but we feel strongly that this is the best solution to keep this space spam free. Please be assured we are doing our best to improve the experience of our forum users and we endeavour to approve posts within a 48 hour period, however, in light of the current circumstances, this may take slightly longer. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

View Topic "Suggested SLC"

1 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page
 
  Post
Posted By: jennymfb
Total Posts: 2
Joined Date: 10 Oct 2019

Hi,

I was diagnosed with glaucoma a week ago. I have started using drops, but been asked to consider SLT before my next appointment on 13th November.

I am aware that SLT can have risks, such as pressure building up which can’t be lowered, necessitating surgery, vision changes and even loss of sight. 

And I am wondering, even if the risk of loss of sight is very small, is any risk worth taking when it comes to eyesight?

 In order to make a decision, I feel I need more information, such as how often do these risks occur?

Can anyone help? 

 

Jenny

Posted : 10 Oct 2019

1 Item(s)     Sort:  Newest Oldest

per page
 

Who is online

 
Users browsing this topic 1 logged customers:: 0 and guest 1 (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)