Am I entitled to a free eye test?
Over 30 million people in the UK are entitled to a free sight test paid for by the NHS
Make sure when booking the appointment for an eye examination that all three glaucoma tests will be carried out and check whether additional charges will be payable. Not all opticians have suitable equipment, or consider it necessary, to perform all three tests. You can choose to see another optician who will carry out these glaucoma tests.
It is also important to tell the optician if glaucoma is in your family. Free NHS funded tests are available if you are:
- Over the age of 60
- Under 16 or under 19 and in full-time education
- Living in Scotland
- If you receive income support, certain benefits including pension credit. More information www.nhs.uk
- Diabetic or have glaucoma
- Over 40 and have a close relative with glaucoma
- Registered as visually impaired
- Have vouchers for complex lenses
- A prisoner or on leave from prison
For more information, please contact Sightline on 01233 64 81 70 or by email at email@example.com, or visit your local optometrist.