Am I entitled to a free eye test?
You qualify for a free NHS sight test if:
- You are aged 60 or over
- Are under 16, or under 19 and in full time education
- You live in Scotland
- You or your partner receive income support, family credit, income based job seekers allowance, pension credit guarantee and are entitled to or named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate, or are named on a valid HC2 certificate
- You have diabetes or glaucoma
- You are 40 or over and have a close relative with glaucoma i.e. brother, sister, parent or child
- A hospital ophthalmologist says that you are at risk of glaucoma
- You are registered blind or partially sighted
- You are entitled to vouchers for complex lenses.
If you have a brother, sister, parent or child with glaucoma and you are aged over 40, you are entitled to an annual free eye test under the NHS. Ask for the relevant form (GOS 1) when you book an appointment. You will still need to ensure that all three tests are carried out.
For more information, please contact Sightline on 01233 64 81 70 or by email at email@example.com, or visit your local optometrist.