Making a donation is one way to support the work of the Association.
You can donate:
- via this website, just click on the following form: Donation Form
- by just sending us a cheque, made payable by the International Glaucoma Association
- over the phone, with a Debit/Credit card (01233 64 81 71).
When making a donation, you can chose how the Association will be using the money donated. The IGA has a number of specific appeals, all of which need your support. They include:
- Where its most needed: It is the most valuable contribution you can give as your donation to be allocated to the primary objects of the Charity at the Trustees discretion. This will allow us to fund all of our projects as needed, for the benefit of all.
- The Glaucoma Information Service Appeal: It will help fund and develop the essential services that the IGA provides such as our Sightline (our telephone helpline, +44 (0) 1233 64 81 70), our website, local support groups, the open patient meetings that we organise 4 times a year and the literature we distribute free of charge to you, your friends, relatives and those who have been diagnosed with glaucoma and are in need of our support.
Each year, we need to raise approximately £300,000 to fund our Glaucoma Information Services and to develop them.
- The Income Fund: "Planning for the Future". It holds money at the discretion of the Trustees and the request of the donor with the aim of providing an additional income to the Association from the interests gained. This income is to be used to support all of the programmes of the Association.
Since the Fund started in April 2002, the Trustees of the IGA have raised £25,736 for it from donations and allocated £15,000 to it from general income. In time we are hoping that it will provide a growing element of stability in the finances of the IGA.
- The Research Appeal: to fund clinical research into the causes of glaucoma and find better and more effective treatments. Our annual research budget of £300,000 (2002/3) is a vital part of our programme, helping to develop new treatments and investigate the causes of glaucoma.
Thank you for your support
David Wright, Chief Executive
Thank you for choosing to make a donation
You can choose to give online in either of two ways:
If you are a UK resident giving in British pounds (£), please complete the Gift Aid section of the donations page as this increase your donation by 25p, provided that you are UK tax payer.
If you are a non-UK resident, you have the choice of donating in British Pounds (£) or in Euros (€).
All our online donations are processed by Barclay's Bank, London, England.
To make a donation, please enter your name and the amount you'd like to donate in the form on the right-hand side of the page.
Help us build for the future and sustain our vital research
One of the most valuable ways in which you can support the IGA is by pledging a regular gift – maybe monthly or quarterly.
One of the biggest challenges we face is to raise the regular income we need to run our vital services. For example, it costs roughly £750 a day to keep our Sightline telephone helpline up and running. And every day we spend around £250 on funding literature and materials for people suffering with glaucoma, their friends and relatives
Your regular gift will also plan ahead with greater confidence. For example, successful research often takes years to complete. The bigger our regular income, the greater our ability to support research projects over two to three years or even longer.
Just a few pounds a month could help us do so much more.
If you would like to start a regular gift, please contact Tracy Dorman at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and receive a Direct Debit form.
Make your gifts worth more– at no extra cost to you
The Gift Aid scheme is a simple way to make your donations to the IGA worth more, without it costing you a penny.
This is how it works. You can make a simple declaration to say that you want the IGA to claim Gift Aid on all the gifts you have made to us, or may make in the future.
We can then claim back the basic rate tax that you have paid on your gifts which is extra money that can go directly towards our sight-saving work.
Please note that to make Gift Aid donations, you must have paid or pay an amount of income tax or capital gains tax at least equal to that reclaimed by us on your donation.
To make a donation using the Gift Aid Scheme now, Click here . You will be asked to confirm that you agree with the following declaration:
'I want to Gift Aid all donations I make to the International Glaucoma Association. I am a UK taxpayer and want the IGA to claim back the tax on all my contributions made for this tax year and years prior to the year of this declaration, as per government guidelines, until further notice.'